Thursday, July 29, 2010

pondering Matthew 7

i've been

judging

finding specks,
missing logs

flaunting pearls,
wallowing in mud

standing,
silent,
waiting and waiting and waiting
for a door to open,
for an answer to shout,
for heaven to drip milk and honey.

i've been all wrong.

"If you then, who are evil..."
(that's me; i'm evil)

"...know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things
to those who ask Him!"

so all i have to do is ask?
really. just. ask?

yes, it's true,
but please don't miss the analogy, bethany.

my Father who is in heaven
made me,
nurtured me,
felt me desert Him,
saw me fall on my face,
picked me up,
reclaimed me,
and now expects something of me:

that i act as His daughter.

trust His judgment.
judge Him to be trustworthy.

ask Him, and wait on His answer, and take it.

and then remove the log,
get out of the mud,

and save my pearls for Home.

to read Matthew 7, click:
http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=matthew+7

for more ponderings, visit:
http://www.canvaschild.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Amazing. An awakening of the heart. The Lord has directed me to James 1:5 recently. All I have to do is ask and He will give me WISDOM. The Father gives good and perfect gifts. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An exhortation we can all take to heart. Thank you for putting it so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is so much here, so very much... i dig deep and will continue to dig... thank you bethany ann. you always make me want to go Home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Finding specks, missing logs"
    Oh yes, I've been there, too. BUT GOD! So thankful for His grace.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stark and beautifully written poem prayer.
    I have heard Him speak to me of these things in the quiet too.
    Logs, Pearls, Mud, Trust, Love.
    Walking with you.
    Be Blessed
    suzy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting weave of words to ask in quiet the things we need -- that is given us even before we ask, Trust and gratitude are two big themes for us to learn here.

    Nicely written
    Joanny
    from Emily's Thursday

    ReplyDelete